The Council of Central Union Church is made up of 23 elected members of the Congregation - 6 Officers of the Church (Council Chair, Council Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Deacons Chair, Deaconesses Chair),
16 members-at-large, and our Senior Minister.
All corporate powers of Central Union are vested in
the Church Council which has the, “general charge of the affairs, programs, funds, and property of the Church”
as provided in our By-Laws.
The Church Council is comprised of 7 standing committees: Worship and Evangelism, Christian Education,
Administration and Finance, Program and Mission,
Nominations and Governance,
Personnel and Pastoral Relations, and Preschool.
These standing committees oversee the workings of our 18 ministries which are comprised of our Congregational members who work closely with our Church staff in carrying out the mission and activities of our Church.
The ministries under each committee include:
- Administration and Finance (Stewardship, Budget, Investment, Building and Grounds);
- Christian Education (Youth, Children, Adult);
- Preschool (Preschool Ministry);
- Program and Mission (World Mission, Community, Conference and Association Representatives, Women’s League, Senior Services);
- Worship and Evangelism (Deaconesses, Deacons, Music, Ushers, Membership and Fellowship).
In addition the Congregation elects our Head Usher and Historian who are considered
non-Council Officers of the Church.
The Council is also responsible for hiring
the Church Comptroller.
Please click below for more details about our
Committees and Ministries.